First of all, let’s find out who exactly falls into the category of highly-skilled workers. A few groups stand out:
- scientists and educators employed by state scientific centers, universities, and academies with a monthly salary of 83,500 rubles;
- employees working in special technological economic zones with a monthly salary of at least 58,500 rubles;
- Skolkovo project participants with no salary limitations;
- medical, educational, and scientific staff working in the International Medical Cluster with a yearly salary of at least 1,000,000 rubles;
- employees working on the territory of Crimea with a monthly salary of at least 83,500 rubles;
- other foreign employees with a monthly salary of more than 160,000 rubles.