Accreditation of a Representative Office or Branch of a Foreign Company in the Russia
One of the legal forms of foreign presence in Russia is a subsidiary of a foreign company in Russia. A subsidiary could be registered in the form of a Representative office (
Important notice — in terms of tax legislation, tax status is taken into account as opposed to a legal form of foreign presence. The tax status obtained by a foreign company as a result of regular business activities in Russia is a Permanent establishment (PE).
A Branch office or
The procedure for accrediting foreign company branches in Russia is mandatory per Russian law. The right to conduct accreditation belongs to the Interdistrict Inspectorate of the Federal Tax Service No. 47 for Moscow. The accreditation will be ready within 30 working days after all documents were submitted.
During the accreditation, it is also necessary to confirm the number of foreign employees in the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
After accreditation, the
Then, it is necessary to make a company seal, if needed, to obtain an information letter from the Statistical Register of Economic Entities of the Federal State Statistics Service, develop a registration with
WE have accredited over 150 branch and representative offices for foreign companies in Russia!
— State duty for accrediting a branch or a representative office for a foreign company — 120,000 RUB.
— Stamp duty to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation — from 5,000 to 15,000 RUB depending on the number of foreign employees.
— Notary fees, document translation and interpretation for foreign representatives in certifying the notary desk.
The list of required documents
- A written application to the IIFTS No. 47 for Moscow, made out under the prescribed form. The application should be signed by the Head of the Branch or any other person authorized by the foreign company. We develop the application.
- Extract from the register of foreign legal entities of the country of origin, or another equivalent legal document confirming the legal status of the foreign legal entity.
- Constituent documents of a foreign legal entity (the Charter) (the document is valid for one year from the date of its legalization).
- A document issued by a competent authority in the country of origin of the foreign company, confirming its registration as a taxpayer in this country with an indication of taxpayer code (or equivalent thereof).
- The decision of the foreign legal entity to open a branch in the Russian Federation. We draft the decision.
- Regulations on the branch of a foreign legal entity in the Russian Federation. The text of the decision is drafted by us. It may be signed in Russia by the Head of the Branch or any other person authorized by the foreign company. We can prepare a bilingual draft of Regulation.
- A notarized power of attorney delegating the necessary powers of the head of the branch of the foreign legal entity in the Russian Federation. We draft this power of attorney.
- A notarized power of attorney to an authorized person for business at the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and IIFTS No. 47 for Moscow (is filed, if the authorized person is not the head of the branch). We draft this power of attorney.
- A copy of the passport and certificate of tax registration (TIN) (if available) of the Head of the Branch of a foreign company
- Information card on the branch of a foreign legal entity.
Requirements for all foreign documents:
- Documents are accepted only with authentic marks of consular legalization or apostilled, unless the exemption from these procedures is provided by international treaties of the Russian Federation.
- Documents should be translated into Russian (translation must be notarized or by the consular foreign office).
- Documents are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Power of Attorney and decisions are made with the
notary-certifiedsignatures and authorities.
The procedure for these permits takes from 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on the type of work permit, and can only be started after the accreditation procedure.
Information to be contained in the documents and to be submitted as additional information:
- Type of activity of a foreign company;
- Location of a foreign company;
- Information on the manager of a foreign company, founder of a foreign company and Head of the branch (passport data, residence address, TIN, date of birth, place of birth);
- If a foreign company founder is a legal entity, information about it should be submitted: name, address, taxpayer’s code, participation share;
- Foreign company registration data (date of registration, registration authority, its location, registration number, taxpayer code);
- Name of the servicing bank of a foreign company, SWIFT code, the number of an account of a foreign company;
- Size of the authorized capital of a foreign company;
- Number of employees of a foreign company;
- Foreign company’s revenue for the preceding financial year;
- Registration address of the Branch in Russia;
- The objectives and types of activities of the Branch;
- The number of foreign employees, which the Branch plans to hire.
We work with clients from countries
Head of Corporate Legal Services
Head of HR-administration services division
Chief payrol accountant-expert
Head of payroll division
Ask questions and make an appointment by phone
+7 495 797 10 99
or order call our expert