Russian banks are not isolated from the external environment. They look for a variety of essential services to maintain their economical functions that can be provided by the banking infrastructure. The banking infrastructure has only been increasing in its value recent years. By this we mean a set of institutions that mold major conditions for banking operations and promote banking services creation and their delivery to the consumers. These include:
- a deposit insurance scheme that ensures safe-conduct of deposits of citizens in banks to the extent permitted under applicable law, which is carried out by the special State Deposit Insurance Agency (SDIA);
- independent payment systems accommodating in payments settlements between organizations and banks, such as SWIFT, and payment transactions on plastic cards, such as VISA. MasterCard, American Express;
- auditing firms that provide independent auditing of the operations of both commercial banks and the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, and assisting the confirmation of their financial statements;
- information and advice services and legal organizations assisting banks in business development and representing their interest when dealing with customers and government agency;
- provider organizations that supply information technology solutions and develop modern banking technologies. Their major goal is in business processes automation which helps to achieve high-security level;
- educational organizations engaged in advanced training and retraining ofbank officials. They give various seminars and further courses, that help the employees to get a grasp of the complexity of modern banking, which is essential for normal banking operation.
The sources of the banking legislation of the Russian Federation are: the Constitution of the Russian Federation; norms of international banking law and international treaties of the Russian Federation; decrees of the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation; Civil Code (CC) of the Russian Federation: Federal Statute 'On Banks and Banking Activities'; Federal Statute 'On the Central Bank of the Russian Federation (Bank of Russia)'; sublegislative statutory and regulatory enactments (instructions, regulations, circulars, etc.).