All citizens who are not subject to military registration are listed in paragraph 15 of the Regulations on military registration (Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 27.11.2006 No. 719):
- those released from military service by the Federal Law "On Military Duty and Military Service" (recognized as limited fit for military service due to health reasons, who are or have been in military service in the Russian Federation, who are or have been in alternative civilian service, who have completed military service in another state in cases stipulated by international treaties of the Russian Federation);
- passing military service;
- serving a sentence of imprisonment;
- women who do not have a military registration specialty;
- permanently residing outside the Russian Federation;
- having military ranks of officers and staying in the reserve of the Service foreign intelligence of the Russian Federation and the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation.
All those who are not listed in these paragraphs are subject to military registration.